KATHERINE RYAN

KATHERINE RYAN is providing a glimpse into the inner workings of her mind by showing us the notes on her phone.
“Cervix like a hula hoop,” reads one.
 Katherine Ryan is a stand-up comic
RICHARD SAKER/THE GUARDIAN
10
Katherine Ryan is a stand-up comic
OK…“I don’t mean the snack,” she clarifies. “I mean an actual hula hoop.”
How that might develop into a line for her forthcoming stand-up show is anyone’s guess, but the Canadian comedian, 34, says she’s constantly jotting down random thoughts and ideas in the hope they’ll come in useful later on.
After regular appearances on panel shows such as Mock The Week, 8 Out of 10 Catsand Have I Got News For You, Katherine is well on her way to becoming a household name.
Oh, and there was that BeyoncĂ© routine that went viral two years ago after shaking her booty for Sky1’s Bring The Noise.
“One day I decided to shake my ass and it wasn’t clever or brave. I’d say it was reckless abandon,” she quips.
Katherine’s funny. Obviously. But not in a way that you feel you’re watching a routine.
 Katherine regularly appears on panel shows such as Love Island: Aftersun
PLANET
10
Katherine regularly appears on panel shows such as Love Island: Aftersun
She’s quick as a whip, self-deprecating and entertaining.
She’s honest as well, and admits without hesitation that she had her (visibly swollen) lips “done” the other day, and has also had Botox and laser facials.
“I’ve always been curious and I think it’s cool. I also think it’s a travesty that women are shamed for doing it. It’s an extension of having braces on your teeth or false eyelashes. I’m very transparent.”
We meet at her local cafe in a leafy north London suburb where she lives with daughter Violet, eight.
She split with Violet’s father (who she doesn’t want to name) six years ago, but says